For Aneros: not vis...

Notifications
Clear all

For Aneros: not visible on web search engines?

(@lonewolf8)
Honorable Member Customer
Topic starter  

I was just in the Aneros chat talking to someone new, and he didnt know which model he had, said it has a vibrator, so I wanted to show him the Vice, because it is probably the one he has.

So I tried to google.... and "Aneros Vice" is not on first page. Not on the 2nd page. Not on the 3rd page! (at which time I just gave up)

A general search for "Aneros" got me the link to Aneros, but it was nearly at the bottom of the 1st page...

Aneros! You need to be more relevant in the search results...

(@mo_bosco)
Member Adventurer

Top of first page using Bing, Google, and Yahoo. Of course I have all my engines' family filters off :^)

ReplyQuote
(@lonewolf8)
Topic starter  

Hmm. 2nd link for aneros vice on bing, the first being an "ad".
But still no official sites on the first page for google. and i have safe search turned off.
Most of the links on the first page are peoples reviews and online sex toy shops...

Well, at least I've pointed out some weirdness, maybe Aneros would like to double-check how they are being ranked / how the bots crawl the site etc.

ReplyQuote
(@ten_s_nut)
Prominent Member Customer

Google's ranking system is unique, and parts of it are patented.

The top of the list generally goes to the page that has the most links pointing to it from other pages, with extra ranking points awarded to frequency of clicks on those links. Given that algorithm, Aneros would be hard pressed to beat the big sex toy sites who have many more customers and many more pages pointing to them. I suppose some sort of grass roots, blogger-based effort to point to Aneros would help, but I can't see it ever getting to the top of Google's list.

ReplyQuote
(@mo_bosco)
Member Adventurer

That's interesting. For me using goggle search the first link is an ad for Aneros the second is for the official Aneros web page. Makes me think the crawler is watching were I go and tailors my results.

ReplyQuote
(@ten_s_nut)
Prominent Member Customer

MO_Bosco;

Same results here, and the OP noted that as well. The "problem" happens whenever your search gets more focused, like for Aneros Vice or Aneros Eupho. That's when the product specific link algorithm kicks in.

Cheers,

Dave

ReplyQuote
Wandering_Smoke
(@wandering_smoke)
Reputable Member Customer

Top of the page on DuckDuckGo and Ixquick with safe search turned off. ...I personally use goggle and any goggle owned sites or services as little as possible these days.

ReplyQuote
(@yankeecowboy)
Reputable Member Customer

Google and chrome have aneros first. Your safe search on?

ReplyQuote
(@lonewolf8)
Topic starter  

I use this:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=aneros+vice

Safesearch is turned off
Still not in first page of the results. It returns UK specific online shops that carry Aneros devices... and some blogs / reviews, one Youtube video.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Skip to toolbar