Cleaning an Aneros

Notifications
Clear all

Cleaning an Aneros

(@isvara)
Noble Member Customer
Topic starter  

Notes on cleaning an Aneros.
For what it is worth and usually in the shower.
I have always used a tradition bar soap and a thin flannel. Soaping up the flannel then wrapping it round the Aneros and working it until all soap bubbly. Then I rinse it under the tap until it is "squeaky clean". I do this for any other inserted helps. Just recently I tried the pump hand wash and I was not very happy with the result. It leaves a film on the Aneros, a very fine oily film. Great for soft hands but not for my tool! I am not sure what else is 'left' in the film! The anti-bacterial hand wash has so little sterilizing chemical as to be pretty harmless.
They say the wheel was man's greatest invention, but good old soap is the single most life preserving discovery.

(@crazycanadian)
Member Adventurer

Is there an effective but not brutal way to get the smell out? I understand why it lingers obviously but perhaps there's something I don't know that might be an obvious solution.

ReplyQuote
(@goldenboy)
Noble Member Customer

I have been using JO foaming antibacterial toy cleaner. It works well and there is absolutely NO SMELL!

ReplyQuote
(@isvara)
Noble Member Customer
Topic starter  

I use some tea tree antiseptic cream. Leave it on for a couple of hours then wash off. Only have to do this once every six months, if that. It seems to seal the surface. The bar soap cleans it off with the smell.

ReplyQuote
(@wulff)
Member Adventurer

I use antibacterial hand wash, two applications with very hot water. Then a thorough rinse under hot tap and hang up to air dry. Leaves no film and no smell.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Skip to toolbar