Classic  -  votes: 11 / 64.7%
64.7%
Syn  -  votes: 6 / 35.3%
35.3%

Classic vs Syns : A Poll

(@sorena_)
Honorable Member Customer
Topic starter  

Which do you prefer and if you could go into detail as to why you prefer it in the comments below.

Thanks

(@it_kan)
Member Adventurer

All my toys are the classic and I really don't know why - they just looked like they would be a low maintenance by being solid.

Not a very good reason but someday I hope to order a syn model.

ReplyQuote
(@goldenboy)
Noble Member Customer

With the 'Classics' I don't have to worry about incompatible lubes, anything goes!

ReplyQuote
(@sorena_)
Topic starter  

With the 'Classics' I don't have to worry about incompatible lubes, anything goes!

Wait, what!?

ReplyQuote
(@goldenboy)
Noble Member Customer

Water or silicone or oil-based lube on 'Classics' is what I meant.

ReplyQuote
(@isvara)
Noble Member Customer

I find with BPH the leading edge of the classic Helix slides to one or the other side of the prostate. I cannot keep it on target! This is not as obvious with the SYN

ReplyQuote
(@sorena_)
Topic starter  

Water or silicone or oil-based lube on 'Classics' is what I meant.

I'm confused by this. I use ky jelly with my helix syn, is that a bad idea?

ReplyQuote
(@goldenboy)
Noble Member Customer

No, KY is water-based and that is what you should use.

ReplyQuote
(@isvara)
Noble Member Customer

I use Sweet Almond Oil. If you use SYN just don't use a lube with silicone in it.

ReplyQuote
(@sorena_)
Topic starter  

So ky and syns = all good?

ReplyQuote
Wandering_Smoke
(@wandering_smoke)
Reputable Member Customer

I used to like the Helix Syn better, but the contact point/edge is too narrow. After a while I started developing BPH-like symptoms, and Helix Syn sessions became unproductive, uncomfortable and short. That only happened with the Helix Syn. I think it was actually causing swelling or a bruise from too much pressure on that small spot. So I switched to the MGX as my main model, and the symptoms went away completely. Then I decided to try the Helix Classic, and I haven't had any problems with it. Prostate feels great again, so I'm going to avoid the Helix Syn from now on...no matter how much I crave it.

I love the Eupho Syn. I never bought the Eupho Classic because they have the exact same shape. If anybody has both, I would love to hear how they compare.

ReplyQuote
(@kalash)
Member Adventurer

So ky and syns = all good?

It depends. KY Platinum is silicone based - so NOT that one.
Regular KY is fine.
It's the silicone that makes it "bad" - as the syn series is made of silicone, the silicone based lube will "dissolve" or deteriorate the toy.
ID millennium is also silicone based, but otherwise, generally speaking, KY and ID lubes are ok - as long as you avoid their premium line. Just check that there's no silicone in your lube.

That being said, I've used Gun Oil silicone lube with the Vice, and haven't had any noticeable... but it is possible. And health wise, may not be advised.... I'm trying to use water based, but the silicone makes it slide so much better.

Speaking on the classic vs. syn - I've had the classic helix and progasm - and now the vice. I don't think the silicone slides as much as the classics, but the vice just... fits better :-/
So... classics for maneuverability, syn for comfort.

ReplyQuote
(@toms99)
Active Member Customer

I prefer the classic because the P-tab on my Helix is too flexible and does not provide enough pressure to my perineum.

ReplyQuote
(@exodus)
Member Adventurer

I really love the dynamics (texture and softness) of the helix syn. But it's too soft to create any real pressure on my prostate and it's almost as if the p-tab is not even there lol. I prefer my mgx classic for regular sessions without penis involvement. The helix syn is perfect for a super-T however (not too much pressure not too little).

ReplyQuote
(@clenchy)
Prominent Member Customer

I haven't drawn any firm conclusions. I think each of my models have at one point been my least favorite, then come out of nowhere and done something new and surprising. Right now, I have no preference between the Helix classic versus the syn.

ReplyQuote
 JD05
(@jd05)
Member Adventurer

the hardness is better, easier to clean

ReplyQuote
Share:
Skip to toolbar